Orthodontist in Stanmore
An effective long-term solution to straightening your teeth and correcting your bite is orthodontics. Orthodontics is a subspecialty area in dentistry that focuses on aligning and straightening teeth using wires and brackets, applying gentle pressure to the teeth to move them into a particular position. The discipline has advanced over decades and today treatment is a lot faster and more comfortable than it was in the past. Here is an overview of orthodontics:
- Patients who have problems with their bite and the way their top and bottom teeth line up against each other are good candidates for orthodontic treatment.
- Impressions, photos and x-rays are taken at the start of treatment to determine the course of action.
- Brackets are bonded to individual teeth and wires clip onto them that gently guide the teeth into position over time.
- Good oral hygiene habits are essential during treatment and regular visits are required for check-ups and adjustments.
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, as there are no gaps for plaque to build up in over time.
- Having an attractive smile will have a positive effect on your confidence.
- Orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
- Thanks to fixed permanent retention you can be assured that your teeth won't move after treatment is completed.
BDS(Hons, 2007) MJDF RCS(Eng) MClinDent MSc MOrth RCS(Eng)
GDC No. 114977
Mr. Patel is a Specialist in Orthodontics and clinical postgraduate tutor at the Eastman Dental Hospital. He has a wide variety of clinical experience in growth modification, ceramic, self-ligating and Invisalign orthodontic appliances.
Mr. Patel completed his specialist orthodontic training at the prestigious Eastman Dental Hospital in 2013. He was awarded the Houston Postgraduate Research Scholar, an award given to the best academic research dissertation in 2013. Mr. Patel has actively continued to pursue his research interest in patient related outcome measures. He has multiple publications in peer review journals.For more information
|Orthodontic Treatment Fees|
|Retainer Check after 1 year||From||£50.00|
|Single jaw fixed appliance *|
|Upper and lower jaws Fixed *|
|Metal/Clarity (one arch each)||From||£4000.00|
|Invisalign single jaw|
|I7 (7 aligners mild cases)||From||£1300.00|
|Lite (14 aligners)||From||£2250.00|
|Invisalign Both arches|
|Bonded retainers per arch||From||£275.00|
|Replacement retainers with teeth||From||£100.00|
|Repair bonded retainer||From||£100.00|
|Fees for transfer cases will be quoted based on complexity of case, appliances and duration of treatment time left.|
|*For under 18s fixed appliance prices are at 10% discounted.|