Restorative dentistry encompasses the dental specialties of Endodontics, Periodontics and Prosthodontics (fixed and removable) and dental implants. Its foundation is based upon the interaction of these specialties in cases requiring multi-faceted care.
We are unique as a referral practice: In addition to having a team of mono-specialists that are recognised within their own specialities of Endodontics, Periodontics and Prosthodontics, our Principal is a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry that is a combined specialist in all of the above areas. This allows us to manage a broad mix of cases, from simple to complex, and provide a collaborative approach in the management of our patients.
A prosthodontist is a specialist dentist who is trained in restoring missing or broken teeth, and restoring smiles and bites to their proper appearance and function. Prosthodontists are trained to manage problems ranging from a single tooth to the whole mouth, as well as where there are missing facial tissues and structures.
List of procedures
- Diagnosis and/or Treatment planning restorative cases, including:
- Patients with complex treatment needs
- Patients with Multidisciplinary treatment needs.
- Dental Veneers, onlays, crowns and bridges (tooth or implant supported)
- Smile analysis and reconstruction
- Removable dentures (tooth, gum or implant supported)
- Discoloured teeth
- Splint therapy
- Crooked teeth
- Congenital disorders e.g. hypodontia, amelogenesis and dentinogenesis imperfect, cleft lip and palate.
- Dental Trauma
- Tooth surface loss.
- Complex prosthodontic needs e.g. deranged occlusion, pre and post cancer dental treatment/maintenance.
- Advice for patients that the dentist cannot seem to ascertain a way of treating.
- Clinical Assessment (inc all 2D x-rays) - £150
- Other procedures: POA (based on complexity)
There may be many aspects and options to the treatment required to address your dental issues. Accordingly, there are many different possible costs involved. It is therefore not possible to provide you with a comprehensive cost estimate without seeing you first. Nonetheless, we will be upfront and honest with our fees, and will always discuss these before any treatment commences.
Prosthodontics Case Study
Teaching and Training
We also offer regular training and teaching courses, including mentoring services. For further information, click here.