An effective long-term solution to straightening your teeth and correcting your bite is orthodontics. Orthodontics is a subspecialty area in dentistry that focuses on aligning and straightening teeth using wires and brackets, applying gentle pressure to the teeth to move them into a particular position. The discipline has advanced over decades and today treatment is a lot faster and more comfortable than it was in the past. Here is an overview of orthodontics:
- Patients who have problems with their bite and the way their top and bottom teeth line up against each other are good candidates for orthodontic treatment.
- Impressions, photos and x-rays are taken at the start of treatment to determine the course of action.
- Brackets are bonded to individual teeth and wires clip onto them that gently guide the teeth into position over time.
- Good oral hygiene habits are essential during treatment and regular visits are required for check-ups and adjustments.
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, as there are no gaps for plaque to build up in over time.
- Having an attractive smile will have a positive effect on your confidence.
- Orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
- Thanks to fixed permanent retention you can be assured that your teeth won't move after treatment is completed.
|Orthodontic Treatment Fees|
|Retainer Check after 1 year||From||£50.00|
|Single jaw fixed appliance *|
|Upper and lower jaws Fixed *|
|Metal/Clarity (one arch each)||From||£4000.00|
|Invisalign single jaw|
|I7 (7 aligners mild cases)||From||£1300.00|
|Lite (14 aligners)||From||£2250.00|
|Invisalign Both arches|
|Bonded retainers per arch||From||£275.00|
|Replacement retainers with teeth||From||£100.00|
|Repair bonded retainer||From||£100.00|
|Fees for transfer cases will be quoted based on complexity of case, appliances and duration of treatment time left.|
|*For under 18s fixed appliance prices are at 10% discounted.|